|101 Contradictions in the
1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?
* God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
* Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)
2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?
* Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
* One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?
* Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
* Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?
* Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
* Three (I Chronicles 21:12)
5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?
* Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
* Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)
6. How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?
* Eighteen (2 Kings 24:8)
* Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9)
7. How long did he rule over Jerusalem?
* Three months (2 Kings 24:8)
* Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)
8. The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?
* Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:8)
* Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11)
9. When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?
* After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)
* Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)
10. How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?
* Two (Genesis 6:19, 20)
* Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8-9)
11. When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?
* One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)
* Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)
12. How many stalls for horses did Solomon have?
* Forty thousand (I Kings 4:26)
* Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25)
13. In what year of King Asa's reign did Baasha, King of Israel die?
* Twenty-sixth year (I Kings 15:33 - 16:8)
* Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1)
14. How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the temple?
* Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2)
* Three thousand three hundred (I Kings 5:16)
15. Solomon built a facility containing how many baths?
* Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26)
* Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5)
16. Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how many were the children of Pahrath-Moab?
* Two thousand eight hundred and twelve (Ezra 2:6)
* Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen (Nehemiah 7:11)
17. How many were the children of Zattu?
* Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:8)
* Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)
18. How many were the children of Azgad?
* One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)
* Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)
19. How many were the children of Adin?
* Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)
* Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)
20. How many were the children of Hashum?
* Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)
* Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)
21. How many were the children of Bethel and Ai?
* Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28)
* One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah 7:32)
22. Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole assembly was 42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to anything close. The totals obtained from each book is as follows:
* 29,818 (Ezra)
* 31,089 (Nehemiah)
23. How many singers accompanied the assembly?
* Two hundred (Ezra 2:65)
* Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67)
24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?
* Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
* Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)
25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?
* Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
* No (Joshua 15:63)
26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
* Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
* Hell (Luke 3:23)
27. Jesus descended from which son of David?
* Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?
* Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
* Neri (Luke 3:27)
29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?
* Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
* Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.
30. Who was the father of Uzziah?
* Joram (Matthew 1:8)
* Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)
31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?
* Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
* Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)
32. How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?
* Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
* But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)
33. Who was the father of Shelah?
* Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
* Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)
34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?
* Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
* No (John 1:19-21)
35. Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?
* Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
* No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)
36. Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?
* One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.
* Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.
37. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?
* By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
* His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)
38. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?
* By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
* On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)
39. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?
* Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
* No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.
40. Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?
* Yes (Mark 6:8)
* No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)
41. Did Herod think that Jesus was John the Baptist?
* Yes (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16)
* No (Luke 9:9)
42. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus before his baptism?
* Yes (Matthew 3:13-14)
* No (John 1:32,33)
43. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after his baptism?
* Yes (John 1:32, 33)
* No (Matthew 11:2)
44. According to the Gospel of John, what did Jesus say about bearing his own witness?
* If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true (John 5:3 1)
* Even if I do bear witness to myself, my testimony is true (John 8:14)
45. When Jesus entered Jerusalem did he cleanse the temple that same day?
* Yes (Matthew 21:12)
* No. He went into the temple and looked around, but since it was very late he did nothing. Instead, he went to Bethany to spend the night and returned the next morning to cleanse the temple (Mark I 1:1- 17)
46. The Gospels say that Jesus cursed a fig tree. Did the tree wither at once?
* Yes. (Matthew 21:19)
* No. It withered overnight (Mark II: 20)
47. Did Judas kiss Jesus?
* Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)
* No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John 18:3-12)
48. What did Jesus say about Peters denial?
* The cock will not crow till you have denied me three times (John 13:38)
* Before the cock crows twice you will deny me three times (Mark 14:30) . When the cock crowed once, the three denials were not yet complete (see Mark 14:72). Therefore prediction (a) failed.
49. Did Jesus bear his own cross?
* Yes (John 19:17)
* No (Matthew 27:31-32)
50. Did Jesus die before the curtain of the temple was torn?
* Yes (Matthew 27:50-51; Mark lS:37-38)
* No. After the curtain was torn, then Jesus crying with a loud voice, said, Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! And having said this he breathed his last (Luke 23:45-46)
51. Did Jesus say anything secretly?
* No. I have said nothing secretly (John 18:20)
* Yes. He did not speak to them without a parable, but privately to his own disciples he explained everything (Mark 4:34). The disciples asked him Why do you speak to them in parables? He said, To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given (Matthew 13: 1 0-11)
52. Where was Jesus at the sixth hour on the day of the crucifixion?
* On the cross (Mark 15:23)
* In Pilates court (John 19:14)
53. The gospels say that two thieves were crucified along with Jesus. Did both thieves mock Jesus?
* Yes (Mark 15:32)
* No. One of them mocked Jesus, the other defended Jesus (Luke 23:43)
54. Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion?
* Yes. He said to the thief who defended him, Today you will be with me in Paradise (Luke 23:43)
* No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days later, I have not yet ascended to the Father (John 20:17)
55. When Paul was on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a voice. Did those who were with him hear the voice?
* Yes (Acts9:7)
* No (Acts22:9)
56. When Paul saw the light he fell to the ground. Did his traveling companions also fall to the ground?
* Yes (Acts 26:14)
* No (Acts 9:7)
57. Did the voice spell out on the spot what Pauls duties were to be?
* Yes (Acts 26:16-18)
* No. The voice commanded Paul to go into the city of Damascus and there he will be told what he must do. (Acts9:7;22: 10)
58. When the Israelites dwelt in Shittin they committed adultery with the daughters of Moab. God struck them with a plague. How many people died in that plague?
* Twenty-four thousand (Numbers 25:1 and 9)
* Twenty-three thousand (I Corinthians 10:8)
59. How many members of the house of Jacob came to Egypt?
* Seventy souls (Genesis 4 & 27)
* Seventy-five souls (Acts 7:14)
60. What did Judas do with the blood money he received for betraying Jesus?
* He bought a field (Acts 1: 18)
* He threw all of it into the temple and went away. The priests could not put the blood money into the temple treasury, so they used it to buy a field to bury strangers (Matthew 27:5)
61. How did Judas die?
* After he threw the money into the temple he went away and hanged himself (Matthew 27:5)
* After he bought the field with the price of his evil deed he fell headlong and burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out (Acts 1:18)
62. Why is the field called Field of Blood?
* Because the priests bought it with the blood money (Matthew 27:8)
* Because of the bloody death of Judas therein (Acts 1:19)
63. Who is a ransom for whom?
* The Son of Man came...to give his life as a ransom for many (Mark 10:45). Christ Jesus who gave himself as a ransom for all... (I Timothy 2:5-6)
* The wicked is a ransom for the righteous, and the faithless for the upright (Proverbs 21:18)
64. Is the law of Moses useful?
* Yes. All scripture is... profitable... (2 Timothy 3:16)
* No. . . . A former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness... (Hebrews 7:18)
65. What was the exact wording on the cross?
* This is Jesus the King of the Jews (Matthew 27:37)
* The King of the Jews (Mark 15:26)
* This is the King of the Jews (Luke 23:38)
* Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews (John 19:19)
66. Did Herod want to kill John the Baptist?
* Yes (Matthew 14:5)
* No. It was Herodias, the wife of Herod who wanted to kill him. But Herod knew that he was a righteous man and kept him safe (Mark 6:20)
67. Who was the tenth disciple of Jesus in the list of twelve?
* Thaddaeus (Matthew 10: 1-4; Mark 3:13 -19)
* Judas son of James is the corresponding name in Lukes gospel (Luke 6:12-16)
68. Jesus saw a man sitat the tax collectors office and called him to be his disciple. What was his name?
* Matthew (Matthew 9:9)
* Levi (Mark 2:14; Luke 5:27)
69. Was Jesus crucified on the daytime before the Passover meal or the daytime after?
* After (Mark 14:12-17)
* Before. Before the feast of the Passover (John 1) Judas went out at night (John 13:30). The other disciples thought he was going out to buy supplies to prepare for the Passover meal (John 13:29). When Jesus was arrested, the Jews did not enter Pilates judgment hail because they wanted to stay clean to eat the Passover (John 18:28). When the judgment was pronounced against Jesus, it was about the sixth hour on the day of Preparation for the Passover (John 19:14)
70. Did Jesus pray to The Father to prevent the crucifixion?
* Yes. (Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42)
* No. (John 12:27)
71. In the gospels which say that Jesus prayed to avoid the cross, how many times did he move away from his disciples to pray?
* Three (Matthew 26:36-46 and Mark 14:32-42)
* One. No opening is left for another two times. (Luke 22:39-46)
72. Matthew and Mark agree that Jesus went away and prayed three times. What were the words of the second prayer?
* Mark does not give the words but he says that the words were the same as the first prayer (Mark 14:3 9)
* Matthew gives us the words, and we can see that they are not the same as in the first (Matthew 26:42)
73. What did the centurion say when Jesus dies?
* Certainly this man was innocent (Luke 23:47)
* Truly this man was the Son of God (Mark 15:39)
74. When Jesus said My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken Me ? in what language did he speak?
* Hebrew: the words are Eloi, Eloi ..(Matthew 27:46)
* Aramaic: the words are Eloi, Eloi .. (Mark 15:34)
75. According to the gospels, what were the last words of Jesus before he died?
* Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! (Luke 23:46)
* "It is finished" (John 19:30)
76. When Jesus entered Capernaum he healed the slave of a centurion. Did the centurion come personally to request Jesus for this?
* Yes (Matthew 8:5)
* No. He sent some elders of the Jews and his friends (Luke 7:3,6)
* Adam was told that if and when he eats the forbidden fruit he would die the same day (Genesis 2:17)
* Adam ate the fruit and went on to live to a ripe old age of 930 years (Genesis 5:5)
* God decided that the life-span of humans will be limited to 120 years (Genesis 6:3)
* Many people born after that lived longer than 120. Arpachshad lived 438 years. His son Shelah lived 433 years. His son Eber lived 464 years, etc. (Genesis 11:12-16)
79. Apart from Jesus did anyone else ascend to heaven?
* No (John 3:13)
* Yes. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven (2 Kings 2:11)
80. Who was high priest when David went into the house of God and ate the consecrated bread?
* Abiathar (Mark 2:26)
* Ahimelech, the father of Abiathar (I Samuel 1:1; 22:20)
81. Was Jesus body wrapped in spices before burial in accordance with Jewish burial customs?
* Yes and his female disciples witnessed his burial (John 19:39-40)
* No. Jesus was simply wrapped in a linen shroud. Then the women bought and prepared spices so that they may go and anoint him [Jesus) (Mark 16: 1)
82. When did the women buy the spices?
* After the Sabbath was past (Mark 16:1)
* Before the Sabbath. The women prepared spices and ointments. Then, on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment (Luke 23:55 to 24:1)
83. At what time of day did the women visit the tomb?
* Toward the dawn (Matthew 28: 1)
* When the sun had risen (Mark 16:2)
84. What was the purpose for which the women went to the tomb?
* To anoint Jesus body with spices (Mark 16: 1; Luke 23:55 to 24: 1)
* To see the tomb. Nothing about spices here (Matthew 28: 1)
* For no specified reason. In this gospel the wrapping with spices had been done before the Sabbath (John 20: 1)
85. A large stone was placed at the entrance of the tomb. Where was the stone when the women arrived?
* They saw that the stone was Rolled back (Mark 16:4) They found the stone rolled away from the tomb (Luke 24:2) They saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb (John 20:1)
* As the women approached, an angel descended from heaven, rolled away the stone, and conversed with the women. Matthew made the women witness the spectacular rolling away of the stone (Matthew 28:1-6)
86. Did anyone tell the women what happened to Jesus body?
* Yes. A young man in a white robe (Mark 16:5). Two men ... in dazzling apparel later described as angels (Luke 24:4 and 24:23). An angel - the one who rolled back the stone (Matthew 16:2). In each case the women were told that Jesus had risen from the dead (Matthew 28:7; Mark 16:6; Luke 24:5 footnote)
* No. Mary met no one and returned saying, They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him (John 20:2)
87. When did Mary Magdelene first meet the resurrected Jesus? And how did she react?
* Mary and the other women met Jesus on their way back from their first and only visit to the tomb. They took hold of his feet and worshipped him (Matthew 28:9)
* On her second visit to the tomb Mary met Jesus just outside the tomb. When she saw Jesus she did not recognize him. She mistook him for the gardener. She still thinks that Jesus body is laid to rest somewhere and she demands to know where. But when Jesus said her name she at once recognized him and called him Teacher. Jesus said to her, Do not hold me... (John 20:11 to 17)
88. What was Jesus instruction for his disciples?
* Tell my brethren to go to Galilee, and there they will see me (Matthew 2 8: 10)
* Go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God (John 20:17)
89. When did the disciples return to Galilee?
* Immediately, because when they saw Jesus in Galilee some doubted (Matthew 28:17). This period of uncertainty should not persist
* After at least 40 days. That evening the disciples were still in Jerusalem (Luke 24:3 3). Jesus appeared to them there and told them, stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high (Luke 24:49). He was appearing to them during forty days (Acts 1:3), and charged them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise ... (Acts 1:4)
90. To whom did the Midianites sell Joseph?
* To the Ishmaelites (Genesis 37:28)
* To Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh (Genesis 37:36)
91. Who brought Joseph to Egypt?
* The Ishmaelites bought Joseph and then took Joseph to Egypt (Genesis 37:28)
* The Midianites had sold him in Egypt (Genesis 37:36)
* Joseph said to his brothers I am your brother, Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt (Genesis 45:4)
92. Does God change his mind?
* Yes. The word of the Lord came to Samuel: I repent that I have made Saul King... (I Samuel 15:10 to 11)
* No. God will not lie or repent; for he is not a man, that he should repent (I Samuel 15:29)
Yes. And the Lord repented that he had made Saul King over Israel (I Samuel 15:35). Notice that the above three quotes are all from the same chapter of the same book! In addition, the Bible shows that God repented on several other occasions:
i. The Lord was sorry that he made man (Genesis 6:6)
I am sorry that I have made them (Genesis 6:7)
ii. And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do to his people (Exodus 32:14).
iii. (Lots of other such references).
93. The Bible says that for each miracle Moses and Aaron demonstrated the magicians did the same by their secret arts. Then comes the following feat:
* Moses and Aaron converted all the available water into blood (Exodus 7:20-21)
* The magicians did the same (Exodus 7:22). This is impossible, since there would have been no water left to convert into blood.
94. Who killed Goliath?
* David (I Samuel 17:23, 50)
* Elhanan (2 Samuel 21:19)
95. Who killed Saul?
* Saul took his own sword and fell upon it.... Thus Saul died... (I Samuel 31:4-6)
* An Amalekite slew him (2 Samuel 1:1- 16)
96. Does every man sin?
* Yes. There is no man who does not sin (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810)
* No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, because they are the children of God. Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God.. (I John 5:1). We should be called children of God; and so we are (I John 3: 1). He who loves is born of God (I John 4:7). No one born of God commits sin; for Gods nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God (I John 3:9). But, then again, Yes! If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (I John 1:8)
97. Who will bear whose burden?
* Bear one anothers burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2)
* Each man will have to bear his own load (Galatians 6:5)
98. How many disciples did Jesus appear to after his resurrection?
* Twelve (I Corinthians 15:5)
* Eleven (Matthew 27:3-5 and Acts 1:9-26, see also Matthew 28:16; Mark 16:14 footnote; Luke 24:9; Luke 24:3 3)
99. Where was Jesus three days after his baptism?
* After his baptism, the spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness. And he was in the wilderness forty days ... (Mark 1:12-13)
* Next day after the baptism, Jesus selected two disciples. Second day: Jesus went to Galilee - two more disciples. Third day: Jesus was at a wedding feast in Cana in Galilee (see John 1:35; 1:43; 2:1-11)
100. Was baby Jesus life threatened in Jerusalem?
* Yes, so Joseph fled with him to Egypt and stayed there until Herod died (Matthew 2:13 23)
* No. The family fled nowhere. They calmly presented the child at the Jerusalem temple according to the Jewish customs and returned to Galilee (Luke 2:21-40)
101. When Jesus walked on water how did the disciples respond?
* They worshipped him, saying, Truly you are the Son of God (Matthew 14:33)
* They were utterly astounded, for they did not understand about the loaves, but their hearts were hardened (Mark 6:51-52)
Here is a short and incomplete list of Biblical contradictions which were obtained from postings in internet newsgroups.Unfortunately I did not record who posted them or if they have a web site with a longer and more complete list.If you like this page you might also like Contradictions of the Gospel and this List of Biblical Contradictions at www.infidels.org
If the Bible was divinely inspired, then why would it have so many really obvious contradictions?
1. God is satisfied with his works
God is dissatisfied with his works.
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
3. God dwells in light
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
God is never tired and never rests
6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12
11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13
12. God gives freely to those who ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving them
John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17
13. God is to be found by those who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
God is not to be found by those who seek him
14. God is warlike
Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
God is peaceful
Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33
15. God is cruel, unmerciful, destructive, and ferocious
Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam 15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
God is kind, merciful, and good
James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8
16. God's anger is fierce and endures long
Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute
Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5
17. God commands, approves of, and delights in burnt offerings, sacrifices, and holy days
Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
God disapproves of and has no pleasure in burnt offerings, sacrifices, and holy days.
Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is 1:13,11,12
18. God accepts human sacrifices
2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg 11:30-32,34,38,39
God forbids human sacrifice
19. God tempts men
Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/ Matt 6:13
God tempts no man
20. God cannot lie
God lies by proxy; he sends forth lying spirits to deceive
2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek 14:9
21. Because of man's wickedness God destroys him
Because of man's wickedness God will not destroy him
22. God's attributes are revealed in his works.
God's attributes cannot be discovered
Job 11:7/ Is 40:28
23. There is but one God
There is a plurality of gods
Gen 1:26/ Gen 3:22/ Gen 18:1-3/ 1 John 5:7
24. Robbery commanded
Ex 3:21,22/ Ex 12:35,36
Lev 19:13/ Ex 20:15
25. Lying approved and sanctioned
Josh 2:4-6/ James 2:25/ Ex 1:18-20/ 1 Kings 22:21,22
Ex 20:16/ Prov 12:22/ Rev 21:8
26. Hatred to the Edomite sanctioned
2 Kings 14:7,3
Hatred to the Edomite forbidden
27. Killing commanded
28. The blood-shedder must die
The blood-shedder must not die
29. The making of images forbidden
The making of images commanded
30. Slavery and oppression ordained
Gen 9:25/ Lev 25:45,46/ Joel 3:8
Slavery and oppression forbidden
Is 58:6/ Ex 22:21/ Ex 21:16/ Matt 23:10
31. Improvidence enjoyed
Matt 6:28,31,34/ Luke 6:30,35/ Luke 12:3
1 Tim 5:8/ Prov 13:22
32. Anger approved
Eccl 7:9/ Prov 22:24/ James 1:20
33. Good works to be seen of men
Good works not to be seen of men
34. Judging of others forbidden
Judging of others approved
1 Cor 6:2-4/ 1 Cor 5:12
35. Christ taught non-resistance
Matt 5:39/ Matt 26:52
Christ taught and practiced physical resistance
Luke 22:36/ John 2:15
36. Christ warned his followers not to fear being killed
Christ himself avoided the Jews for fear of being killed
37. Public prayer sanctioned
1 Kings 8:22,54, 9:3
Public prayer disapproved
38. Importunity in prayer commended
Importunity in prayer condemned
39. The wearing of long hair by men sanctioned
Judg 13:5/ Num 6:5
The wearing of long hair by men condemned
1 Cor 11:14
40. Circumcision instituted
41. The Sabbath instituted
The Sabbath repudiated
Is 1:13/ Rom 14:5/ Col 2:16
42. The Sabbath instituted because God rested on the seventh day
The Sabbath instituted because God brought the Israelites out of Egypt
43. No work to be done on the Sabbath under penalty of death
Ex 31:15/ Num 15:32,36
Jesus Christ broke the Sabbath and justified his disciples in the same
John 5:16/ Matt 12:1-3,5
44. Baptism commanded
Baptism not commanded
1 Cor 1:17,14
45. Every kind of animal allowed for food.
Gen 9:3/ 1 Cor 10:25/ Rom 14:14
Certain kinds of animals prohibited for food.
46. Taking of oaths sanctioned
Num 30:2/ Gen 21:23-24,31/ Gen 31:53/ Heb 6:13
Taking of oaths forbidden
47. Marriage approved
Gen 2:18/ Gen 1:28/ Matt 19:5/ Heb 13:4
1 Cor 7:1/ 1 Cor 7:7,8
48. Freedom of divorce permitted
Deut 24:1/ Deut 21:10,11,14
49. Adultery forbidden
Ex 20:14/ Heb 13:4
Num 31:18/ Hos 1:2; 2:1-3
50. Marriage or cohabitation with a sister denounced
Deut 27:22/ Lev 20:17
Abraham married his sister and God blessed the union
Gen 20:11,12/ Gen 17:16
51. A man may marry his brother's widow
A man may not marry his brother's widow
52. Hatred to kindred enjoined
Hatred to kindred condemned
Eph 6:2/ Eph 5:25,29
53. Intoxicating beverages recommended
Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps 104:15
Intoxicating beverages discountenanced
Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32
54. It is our duty to obey our rulers, who are God's ministers and punish evil doers only
It is not our duty to obey rulers, who sometimes punish the good and receive unto themselves damnation therefor
Ex 1:17,20/ Dan 3:16,18/ Dan 6:9,7,10/ Acts 4:26,27/
Mark 12:38,39,40/ Luke 23:11,24,33,35
55. Women's rights denied
Gen 3:16/ 1 Tim 2:12/ 1 Cor 14:34/ 1 Pet 3:6
Women's rights affirmed
Judg 4:4,14,15/ Judg 5:7/ Acts 2:18/ Acts 21:9
56. Obedience to masters enjoined
Col 3:22,23/ 1 Pet 2:18
Obedience due to God only
Matt 4:10/ 1 Cor 7:23/ Matt 23:10
57. There is an unpardonable sin
There is not unpardonable sin
58. Man was created after the other animals
Man was created before the other animals
59. Seed time and harvest were never to cease
Seed time and harvest did cease for seven years
Gen 41:54,56/ Gen 45:6
60. God hardened Pharaoh's heart
Ex 4:21/ Ed 9:12
Pharaoh hardened his own heart
61. All the cattle and horses in Egypt died
Ex 9:3,6/ 14:9
All the horses of Egypt did not die
62. Moses feared Pharaoh
Ex 2:14,15,23; 4:19
Moses did not fear Pharaoh
63. There died of the plague twenty-four thousand
There died of the plague but twenty-three thousand
1 Cor 10:8
64. John the Baptist was Elias
John the Baptist was not Elias
65. The father of Joseph, Mary's husband was Jacob
The father of Mary's husband was Heli
66. The father of Salah was Arphaxad
The father of Salah was Cainan
67. There were fourteen generations from Abraham to David
There were but thirteen generations from Abraham to David
68. There were fourteen generations from the Babylonian captivity to Christ.
There were but thirteen generations from the Babylonian captivity to Christ
69. The infant Christ was taken into Egypt
The infant Christ was not taken into Egypt
Luke 2:22, 39
70. Christ was tempted in the wilderness
Christ was not tempted in the wilderness
71. Christ preached his first sermon on the mount
Christ preached his first sermon on the plain
72. John was in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
John was not in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
John 1:43/ John 3:22-24
73. Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with a staff and sandals
Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with neither staffs nor sandals.
74. A woman of Canaan besought Jesus
It was a Greek woman who besought Him
75. Two blind men besought Jesus
Only one blind man besought Him
76. Christ was crucified at the third hour
Christ was not crucified until the sixth hour
77. The two thieves reviled Christ.
Matt 27:44/ Mark 15:32
Only one of the thieves reviled Christ
78. Satan entered into Judas while at supper
Satan entered into him before the supper
79. Judas committed suicide by hanging
Judas did not hang himself, but died another way
80. The potter's field was purchased by Judas
The potter's field was purchased by the Chief Priests
81. There was but one woman who came to the sepulchre
There were two women who came to the sepulchre
82. There were three women who came to the sepulchre
There were more than three women who came to the sepulchre
83. It was at sunrise when they came to the sepulchre
It was some time before sunrise when they came.
84. There were two angels seen by the women at the sepulchre, and they were standing up.
There was but one angel seen, and he was sitting down.
85. There were two angels seen within the sepulchre.
There was but one angel seen within the sepulchre
86. Christ was to be three days and three nights in the grave
Christ was but two days and two nights in the grave
Mark 15:25,42,44,45,46; 16:9>
87. Holy ghost bestowed at pentecost
Holy ghost bestowed before pentecost
88. The disciples were commanded immediately after the resurrection to go into Galilee
The disciples were commanded immediately after the resurrection to go tarry at Jerusalem
89. Jesus first appeared to the eleven disciples in a room at
Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
Jesus first appeared to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee
90. Christ ascended from Mount Olivet
Christ ascended from Bethany
91. Paul's attendants heard the miraculous voice, and stood speechless
Paul's attendants heard not the voice and were prostrate
92. Abraham departed to go into Canaan
Abraham went not knowing where
93. Abraham had two sons
Abraham had but one son
94. Keturah was Abraham's wife
Keturah was Abraham's concubine
1 Chron 1:32
95. Abraham begat a son when he was a hundred years old, by the interposition of Providence
Gen 21:2/ Rom 4:19/ Heb 11:12
Abraham begat six children more after he was a hundred years old without any interposition of providence
96. Jacob bought a sepulchre from Hamor
Abraham bought it of Hamor
97. God promised the land of Canaan to Abraham and his seed forever
Gen 13:14,15,17; 17:8
Abraham and his seed never received the promised land
Acts 7:5/ Heb 11:9,13
98. Goliath was slain by Elhanan
2 Sam 21:19 *note, was changed in translation to be correct.Original manuscript was incorrect>
The brother of Goliath was slain by Elhanan
1 Chron 20:5
99. Ahaziah began to reign in the twelfth year of Joram
2 Kings 8:25
Ahaziah began to reign in the eleventh year of Joram
2 Kings 9:29
100. Michal had no child
2 Sam 6:23
Michal had five children
2 Sam 21:8
101. David was tempted by the Lord to number Israel
2 Sam 24:1
David was tempted by Satan to number the people
1 Chron 21:1
102. The number of fighting men of Israel was 800,000; and of Judah 500,000
2 Sam 24:9
The number of fighting men of Israel was 1,100,000; and of
1 Chron 21:5
103. David sinned in numbering the people
2 Sam 24:10
David never sinned, except in the matter of Uriah
1 Kings 15:5
104. One of the penalties of David's sin was seven years of famine.
2 Sam 24:13
It was not seven years, but three years of famine
1 Chron 21:11,12
105. David took seven hundred horsemen
2 Sam 8:4
David took seven thousand horsemen
1 Chron 18:4
106. David bought a threshing floor for fifty shekels of silver
2 Sam 24:24
David bought the threshing floor for six hundred shekels of gold
1 Chron 21:25
107. David's throne was to endure forever.
David's throne was cast down
108. Christ is equal with God
John 10:30/ Phil 2:5
Christ is not equal with God
John 14:28/ Matt 24:36
109. Jesus was all-powerful
Matt 28:18/ John 3:35
Jesus was not all-powerful
110. The law was superseded by the Christian dispensation
Luke 16:16/ Eph 2:15/ Rom 7:6
The law was not superseded by the Christian dispensation
111. Christ's mission was peace
Christ's mission was not peace
112. Christ received not testimony from man
Christ did receive testimony from man
113. Christ's witness of himself is true.
Christ's witness of himself is not true.
114. Christ laid down his life for his friends
John 15:13/ John 10:11
Christ laid down his life for his enemies
115. It was lawful for the Jews to put Christ to death
It was not lawful for the Jews to put Christ to death
116. Children are punished for the sins of the parents
Children are not punished for the sins of the parents
117. Man is justified by faith alone
Rom 3:20/ Gal 2:16/ Gal 3:11,12/ Rom 4:2
Man is not justified by faith alone
James 2:21,24/ Rom 2:13
118. It is impossible to fall from grace
John 10:28/ Rom 8:38,39
It is possible to fall from grace
Ezek 18:24/ Heb 6:4-6, 2 Pet 2:20,21
119. No man is without sin
1 Kings 8:46/ Prov 20:9/ Eccl 7:20/ Rom 3:10
Christians are sinless
1 John 3: 9,6,8
120. There is to be a resurrection of the dead
1 Cor 15:52/ Rev 20:12,13/ Luke 20:37/ 1 Cor 15:16
There is to be no resurrection of the dead
Job 7:9/ Eccl 9:5/ Is 26:14
121. Reward and punishment to be bestowed in this world
Reward and punishment to be bestowed in the next world
Rev 20:12/ Matt 16:27/ 2 Cor 5:10
122. Annihilation the portion of all mankind
Job 3: 11,13-17,19-22/ Eccl 9:5,10/ Eccl 3:19,20
Endless misery the portion of all mankind
Matt 25:46/ Rev 20:10,15/ Rev 14:11/ Dan 12:2
123. The Earth is to be destroyed
2 Pet 3:10/ Heb 1:11/ Rev 20:11
The Earth is never to be destroyed
Ps 104:5/ Eccl 1:4
124. No evil shall happen to the godly
Prov 12:21/ 1 Pet 3:13
Evil does happen to the godly
Heb 12:6/ Job 2:3,7
125. Worldly good and prosperity are the lot of the godly
Prov 12:21/ Ps 37:28,32,33,37/ Ps 1:1,3/ Gen 39:2/
Worldly misery and destitution the lot of the godly
Heb 11:37,38/ Rev 7:14/ 2 Tim 3:12/ Luke 21:17
126. Worldly prosperity a reward of righteousness and a blessing
Mark 10:29,30/ Ps 37:25/ Ps 112:1,3/ Job 22:23,24/
Worldly prosperity a curse and a bar to future reward
Luke 6:20,24/ Matt 6:19,21/ Luke 16:22/ Matt 19:24/
127. The Christian yoke is easy
The Christian yoke is not easy
John 16:33/ 2 Tim 3:12/ Heb 12:6,8
128. The fruit of God's spirit is love and gentleness
The fruit of God's spirit is vengeance and fury
Judg 15:14/ 1 Sam 18:10,11
129. Longevity enjoyed by the wicked
Job 21:7,8/ Ps 17:14/ Eccl 8:12/ Is 65:20
Longevity denied to the wicked
Eccl 8:13/ Ps 55:23/ Prov 10:27/ Job 36:14/ Eccl 7:17
130. Poverty a blessing
Luke 6:20,24/ Jams 2:5
Riches a blessing
Prov 10:15/ Job 22:23,24/ Job 42:12
Neither poverty nor riches a blessing
131. Wisdom a source of enjoyment
Wisdom a source of vexation, grief and sorrow
132. A good name is a blessing
Eccl 7:1/ Prov 22:1
A good name is a curse
133. Laughter commended
Eccl 3:1,4/ Eccl 8:15
Luke 6:25/ Eccl 7:3,4
134. The rod of correction a remedy for foolishness
There is no remedy for foolishness
135. A fool should be answered according to his folly
A fool should not be answered according to his folly
136. Temptation to be desired
Temptation not to be desired
137. Prophecy is sure
2 Pet 1:19
Prophecy is not sure
138. Man's life was to be one hundred and twenty years
Gen 6:3/ Ps 90:10
Man's life is but seventy years
139. The fear of man was to be upon every beast
The fear of man is not upon the lion
140. Miracles a proof of divine mission
Matt 11:2-5/ John 3:2/ Ex 14:31
Miracles not a proof of divine mission
Ex 7:10-12/ Deut 13:1-3/ Luke 11:19
141. Moses was a very meek man
Moses was a very cruel man
142. Elijah went up to heaven
2 Kings 2:11
None but Christ ever ascended into heaven
143. All scripture is inspired
2 Tim 3:16
Some scripture is not inspired
1 Cor 7:6/ 1 Cor 7:12/ 2 Cor 11:17
Think not that I come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
- Matthew 10:34
... all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
- Matthew 26:52
For wrath killeth the foolish man...
- Job 5:2
... let not the sun go down on your wrath.
- Ephesians 4:26
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
- John 3:13
... and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
- 2 Kings 2:11
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
- John 5:31
I am one that bear witness of myself...
- John 8:18
[Jesus was the speaker in both of these quotes]
A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children...
- Proverbs 13:22
Sell that ye have and give alms...
- Luke 12:33
Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord... Wealth and riches shall be in his house...
- Psalms 112:1-3
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
- Matthew 19:24
I and my father are one.
- John 10:30
... I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
- John 14:28
[Jesus was the speaker in both of these quotes]
Thou shalt not kill
- Exodus 20:13
Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side... and slay every man his brother...
- Exodus 32:27
Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy.
- Exodus 20:8
The new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with: it is iniquity.
- Isaiah 3:22
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven... earth... [or] water.
- Leviticus 26:11
And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them.
- Exodus 25:18
For by grace are ye saved through faith... not of works.
- Ephesians 2:8-9
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
- James 2:24
God is not a man, that he should lie: neither the son of man, that he should repent.
- Numbers 23:19
And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
- Exodus 32:14
... the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and come forth...
- John 5:28-29
As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more.
- Job 7:9
... thou shalt give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
- Exodus 21:23-25
... resist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
- Matthew 5:39
Honor thy father and mother.
- Exodus 20:12
If any man come to me, and hate not his father and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
- Luke 14:26
Lay not up for yourself treasures upon the earth...
- Matthew 6:19
In the house of the righteous is much treasure...
- Proverbs 15:6
I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
- Genesis 32:30
No man hath seen God at any time.
- John 1:18
The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father.
- Ezekiel 18:20
... I the lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.
- Exodus 20:5
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
- Proverbs 3:13
For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
- Ecclesiastes 1:18
The Lord is good to all.
- Psalm 145:6
I make peace and create evil.I the Lord do all these things.
- Isaiah 45:7
Whosoever shall say Thou fool, shall be in danger of hellfire.
- Matthew 5:22
[Jesus said] Ye fools and blind.
- Matthew 23:17
For all have sinned.
- Romans 3:23
There was a man... whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright.
- Job 1:1
Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.
- 2 Kings 8:26
Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign.
- 2 Chronicles 22:2
If a man vow a vow unto the Lord or swear an oath... he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.
- Numbers 30:2
But I say unto you, swear not at all; neither by heaven... nor by earth.
- Matthew 5:34-35
... the earth abideth forever.
- Ecclesiastes 1:4
... the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
- 2 Peter 3:10
... for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever.
- Jeremiah 3:12
Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever.
- Jeremiah 17:4
... God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.
- James 1:13
And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham.
- Genesis 22:1
And God saw everything that he made, and behold it was very good.
- Genesis 1:31
And it repented the Lord that he had made man on earth, and it grieved him at his heart
- Genesis 6:6
For now have I chosen and sanctified this house that my name be there forever; and mine eyes and my heart shall be there perpetually.
- II Chronicles 7:16
Howbeit the most high dwelleth not in temples made with hands.
- Acts 7:48
[God dwells] in the light which no man can approach unto.
- I Timothy 6:16
The Lord said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
- I Kings 8:12
And the Lord called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid.
- Genesis 3:9,10
Ye hath neither heard his voice, at any time, nor seen his shape.
- John 5:37
Then went up Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel.And they saw the God of Israel... They saw God, and did eat and drink.
- Exodus 24: 9-11
Whom no man hath seen nor can see.
- I Timothy 6:16
With God all things are possible.
- Matthew 29:26
And the Lord was with Judah, and he drove out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
- Judges 1:19
God is not the author of confusion.
- I Corinthians 24:33
Out of the mouth of the most high proceedeth not evil and good?
- Lamentations 3:38
Those that seek me early shall find me.
- Proverbs 8:17
Then shall they call upon me but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but shall not find me.
- Proverbs 1:28
On the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement; it shall be a holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
- Leviticus 23:27
For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offering or sacrifices.
- Jeremiah 7:22
And the priest shall burn all on the altar to be a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savor unto the Lord.
- Leviticus 1:9
Your burnt offering are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet unto me.
- Jeremiah 7:20
God is not a man, that he should lie
- Numbers 23:19
And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
- Ezekiel 14:9
There is none other God but one.
- I Corinthians 8:4
And God said, Let us make man in our image.
- Genesis 1:26
When ye go, ye shall not go empty; but every woman shall borrow of her neighbor, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver and jewels of gold, and raiment; and ye shall put them on your sons and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the
- Exodus 3:21,22
Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbor, nether rob him.
- Leviticus 19:13
At the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed.
- Genesis 4:5,6
And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
- Genesis 4:15
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin... if God so clothe the grass of the field... shall he not much more clothe you?Therefore, take no thought, saying what shall we eat?or what shall we drink?or wherewithal shall we be clothed?... Take, therefore, no thought for the morrow.
- Matthew 6:28, 30-34
But if any provideth not for his own, especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
- I Timothy 5:8
Be ye angry and sin not.
- Ephesians 4:26
Be not hasty in they spirit to be angry; for anger resideth in the bosom of fools.
- Ecclesiastes 7:9
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works.
- Matthew 5:16
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them.
- Matthew 6:1
And Solomon stood before the alter of the Lord, in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven...
- I Kings 7:22
When thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are; for they love to pray standing in the synagogues, and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men...
- Matthew 6:5
And no razor shall come on his head; for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb.
- Judges 8:5
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that if a man hath long hair, it is a shame unto him?
- I Corinthians 6:14
Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
- Exodus 20:8
One man esteemeth one day above another; another esteemeth every day alike.Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
- Romans 14:5
For in the six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day; wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
- Exodus 20:11
And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought the out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched-out arm; therefore the Lord thy God commanded the to keep the Sabbath day.
- Deuteronomy 5:15
There is nothing unclean of itself.
- Romans 14:14
Nevertheless, these shall ye not eat, of them that chew the cud or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel and the hare, and the coney; for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof, therefore they are unclean unto you.And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass.
- Deuteronomy 14:7,8
Cursed is he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother.
- Deuteronomy 27:22
And Abraham said... She is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.
- Genesis 20:11,12
If brethren dwell together, and one of them die and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger; her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife.
- Deuteronomy 25:5
If a man shall take his brother's wife, it is an unclean thing... they shall be childless.
- Leviticus 20:21
He that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness.
- Mark 3:29
And by him that believe are justified from all things.
- Acts 13:39
[John the Baptist] is Elias which was for to come.
- Matthew 11:14
And they asked him, what then? Art thou [John the Baptist] Elias?And he saith, I am not.
- John 1:21
Now, after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God.
- Mark 1:14
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judea... and John was also baptizing Enon... for John was not yet cast into prison.
- John 3:22-24
And it was in the third hour, and they crucified him.
- Mark 25:3-4
And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour; and he saith unto the Jews, behold your king... Shall I crucify your king?
- John 19:14-15
They gave him vinegar to drink, mingled with gall.
- Matthew 27:34
And they gave him to drink, wine mingled with myrrh.
- Mark 15:23
[Jesus was the thirsty chap in both verses.]
And the men which journeyed with [Paul] stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
- Acts 9:7
And they that were with me [Paul] saw indeed the light and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
- Acts 22:9
Abraham had two sons; one by a bonds-maid, the other by a free woman.
- Galatians 4:22
By faith, Abraham when he was tried offered up Isaac... his only begotten son.
- Hebrews 11:17
Therefore Michal, the daughter of Saul, had no child unto the day of her death.
- II Samuel 6:23
The five sons of Michal, the daughter of Saul.
- II Samuel 21:8
And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel.
- II Samuel 24:1
And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
- I Chronicles 21:1
All power is given unto [Jesus] in heaven and in earth.
- Matthew 28:18
And [Jesus] could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands on a few sick folk and healed them.
- Mark 6:5
There shall no evil happen to the just.
- Proverbs 12:21
Whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
- Hebrews 12:6
|Contradictions of the Gospels
We are told to accept that Jesus existed based upon the Gospels of the Bible, yet the Gospels are so poorly written that a logical person is at best left to ponder if Jesus even existed. The Gospels are consistently contradictive, filled with mathematic errors and don’t compliment each other on very important details. This page shall serve as an example for just how unreliable the Gospels are.
1) How many generations were there between Abraham to David? Matthew 1:17 lists fourteen generations. Matthew 1:2 lists thirteen generations.
2) Is Paul lying? In Acts 20:35 Paul told people "to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Since Jesus never made such a biblical statement, isn’t Paul guilty of deception?
3) When did the leper become not a leper? (Matthew 8:13 & 8:14) Jesus healed the leper before visiting the house. (Mark 1:29-30 & 1:40-42) Jesus healed the leper after visiting Simon Peter’s house.
4) Who approached Jesus? (Matthew 8:5-7) The Centurion approached Jesus, beseeching help for a sick servant. (Luke 7:3 & 7:6-7) The Centurion did not approach Jesus. He sent friends and elders of the Jews.
5) Was she dead or just dying? (Matthew 9:18) He asked for help, saying his daughter was already dead. (Luke 8:41-42) Jairus approached Jesus for help, because his daughter was dying.
6) Just what did Jesus instruct them to take? (Matthew 10:10) Jesus instructed them not to take a staff, not to wear sandals. (Mark 6:8-9) Jesus instructed his disciples to wear sandals and take a staff on their journey.
7) When did John find out Jesus was the Messiah? (Matthew 11:2-3) While imprisoned. John the Baptist sent followers to Jesus to inquire if Jesus was the messiah. (Luke 7:18-22) While imprisoned. John the Baptist sent followers to Jesus to inquire if Jesus was the Messiah. (John 1 :29-34,36) John already knew Jesus was the Messiah.
8) Who made the request? (Matthew 20:20-21) Their mother requested that James and John, Zebedee’s children, should sit beside Jesus in his Kingdom. (Mark 10:35-37) James and John, Zebedee’s children, requested that they should sit beside Jesus in his Kingdom.
9) What animals were brought to Jesus? (Matthew 21:2-7) two of the disciples brought Jesus an ass and a colt from the village of Bethphage. (Mark 11:2-7) They brought him only a colt.
10) When did the fig tree hear of its doom? (Matthew 21:17-19) Jesus cursed the fig tree after purging the temple. (Mark 11:14-15 & 20) He cursed it before the purging.
11) When did the fig tree keel? (Matthew 21:9) The fig tree withered immediately. and the disciples registered surprise then and there. (Mark 11:12-14 & 20) The morning after Jesus cursed the fig tree, the disciples noticed it had withered and expressed astonishment.
12) Was John the Baptist Elias? "This is Elias which was to come." Matthew 11:14 "And they asked him, what then? Art thou Elias? And he said I am not." John l:21
13) Who was the father of Joseph? Matthew 1:16 The father of Joseph was Jacob. Luke 3 :23 The father of Joseph was Heli. Christians shall try to LIE and tell you that one is the heritage of Mary and the other Joseph. This is utter bullshit, the Hebrew and Greek cultures NEVER regarded the bloodline of the mother. They were patriarchal societies which only concerned themselves with paternal lineage.
14) How many generations were there from the Babylon captivity to Christ? Matthew 1:17 Fourteen generations, Matthew 1:12-16 Thirteen generations.
15) Matthew 2:15, 19 & 21-23 The infant Christ was taken into Egypt. Luke 2:22 & 39 The infant Christ was NOT taken to Egypt.
16) Matthew 5:1-2 Christ preached his first sermon on the mount. Luke 6:17 & 20 Christ preached his first sermon in the plain.
17) John was in prison when Jesus went into Galilee. Mark 1:14 John was not in prison when Jesus went into Galilee. John 1:43 & 3:22-24
18) What was the nationality of the woman who besought Jesus? Matthew 15:22 "And behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, Have mercy on me, 0 Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil." Mark 7:26 "The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation, and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter."
19) How many blind men besought Jesus? Matthew 20:30 Two blind men. Luke 18:35-38 Only one blind man.
20) Where did the devil take Jesus first? (Matthew 4:5-8) The Devil took Jesus first to the parapet of the temple, then to a high place to view all the Kingdoms of the world. (Luke 4:5-9) The Devil took Jesus first to a high place to view the kingdoms, then to the parapet of the temple.
21) Can one pray in public? (Matthew 6:5-6) Jesus condemned public prayer. (1 Timothy 2:8) Paul encouraged public prayer.
22) If we decide to do good works, should those works be seen? Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works." 1 Peter 2:12 "Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that ... they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation." This contradicts: Matthew 6:1-4 "Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them…that thine alms may be in secret." Matthew 23:3-5 "Do not ye after their [Pharisees'] works ... all their works they do for to be seen of men."
23) Who did Jesus tell the Lord’s Prayer to? (Matthew 5:1, 6:9-13 & 7:28) Jesus delivered the Lord’s Prayer during the Sermon on the Mount before the multitudes. (Luke 11:1-4) He delivered it before the disciples alone, and not as part of the Sermon on the Mount.
24) When was Christ crucified? Mark 15:25 "And it was the third hour and they crucified him." John 19:14-15 "And it was the preparation of the Passover, and about the sixth hour; and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your king…Shall I crucify your king?" John 19:14-15.
25) The two thieves reviled Christ. (Matthew 27:44 & Mark 15:32) Only one of the thieves reviled Christ. Luke 23:39-40.
26) In 1 Corinthians 1:17 ("For Christ sent me [Paul] not to baptize but to preach the gospel") Paul said Jesus was wrong when he said in Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them…" Clearly one of these people is wrong, either way, it’s a contradiction.
27) When did Satan enter Judas? Satan entered into Judas while at the supper. John 13:27 Satan entered Judas before the supper. Luke 23:3-4 & 7
28) How many women came to the sepulcher? John 20:1 Only one woman went, Mary Magdalene. Matthew 28:1 Mary Magdalene and the "other Mary" (Jesus’ mother) went.
29) Mark 16:2 It was sunrise when the two women went to the sepulcher. John 20:1 It was still dark (before sunrise) when Mary Magdalene went alone to the sepulcher.
30) There were two angels seen by the women at the sepulcher and they were standing up. Luke 24:4 There was only one angel seen and he was sitting down. Mark 28:2-5
31) How many angels were within the sepulcher? John 20:11-12 two, Mark 16:5 one.
32) The Holy Ghost bestowed at Pentecost. Acts 1:5-8 & 2:1-4 The holy Ghost bestowed before Pentecost. John 20:22
33) Where did Jesus first appear to the eleven disciples? In a room in Jerusalem. Luke 24:32-37 On a mountain in Galilee. Matthew 28:15-17
34) Where did Christ ascend from? From Mount Olivet. Acts 1:9-12 From Bethany. Luke 24:50-51
35) Can all sins be forgiven? (Acts 13:39) All sins can be forgiven. Great, I’m happy to know God is so merciful, but wait (Mark 3:29) Cursing or blaspheming the Holy Spirit is unforgivable.
36) The Elijah mystery: (Malachi 4:5) Elijah must return before the final days of the world. (Matthew 11:12-14) Jesus said that John the Baptist was Elijah. (Matthew 17:12- 13) Jesus insists that Elijah has already come, and everyone understood him to mean John the Baptist. (Mark 9:13) Jesus insists that Elijah has already come. (John 1:21) John the Baptist maintained that he was not Elijah.
37) Who purchased the potter’s field? Acts 1:18 The field was purchased by Judas. John 20:1 The potter’s field was purchased by the chief priests.
38) Paul’s attendants heard the miraculous voice and stood speechless. Acts 9:7 Paul’s attendants did not hear the voice and were prostrate. Acts 22:9 & 26:14
39) Who bought the Sepulcher? Jacob, Josh 24:32 Abraham, Acts 7:16
40) Was it lawful for the Jews to put Christ to death? "The Jews answered him, we have a law, and by our law he ought to die." John 19:7 "The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death." John 18:31
41) Has anyone ascended up to heaven? Elijah went up to heaven: "And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." 2 Kings 2:11 "No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man." John 3:13
42) Is scripture inspired by God? "all scripture is given by inspiration of God." 2 Timothy 3:16 compared to: "But I speak this by permission and not by commandment." 1 Corinthians 7:6 "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord." 1 Corinthians 7:12 "That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord" 2 Corinthians.
The views and opinions expressed in the articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by neuroclusterbrain.com.
neuroclusterbrain.com is not responsible for the content of any third-party website. Any links to such websites are provided for educational purposes and for your convenience only.
neuroclusterbrain.com does not endorse, authorize, approve, certify, maintain, or control these other websites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timeliness of the information located at such websites.